10/18/2023 Map Stopped Working?
Visit this post for the fix

All On / LED on / LED off all crash web service

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@bchirhart)
Topic starter  

Whenever I press any of these buttons the web page becomes unresponsive and the console just hangs at the last command.  Ironically "All Off" works.  SSH is still up and active so I know the Pi is still working.  Only a reboot seems to fix it.  This happens in both Chrome and Edge.  I just rebuild the Pi so I am using the latest version as of a week ago.

Any thoughts?

Mark Harris
(@markyharris)
Member Admin Registered

Can you attach a picture of the web page that you are referring to? I'm not exactly sure what you are describing. - Mark

ReplyQuote
(@bchirhart)
Topic starter  

Sure - it's on the Airport Editor page.  Sorry I wasn't more clear about the location.

ReplyQuote
Mark Harris
(@markyharris)
Member Admin Registered

Thanks. I'll have to try it on one of my boards to see if I can duplicate it. If you don't hear back from me in a timely fashion feel free to 'nudge' me. - Mark

ReplyQuote
(@bchirhart)
Topic starter  

Here's the console output.  I shut off the map, then I try to turn on LED2 and 3, but nothing happens.  Then the web page just sits refreshing/spinning and can't load.

Here is the log:

I don't lose pings and my SSH session is still active, so the Pi is not "dead" but only a hard reboot seems to bring it back.

ReplyQuote
(@c180flyer)

@bchirhart I have noticed the same issue recently.

After turning the Map Off via the Map menu, then going to the Airports Menu and trying anything with the LEDs hangs the webserver.

The only way I have been able to get around this is to change the basic configuration to not start on boot, then reboot aver the config change is saved. 

Then I can control the lights on the airports page until I turn the map on and off again through the Map menu.

I see the same lines in the log, even with the log level set to debug.

I have tried on 2 different pis both with fresh sd card images (other than updating the base configuration including run at boot).

Bill

ReplyQuote
Mark Harris
(@markyharris)
Member Admin Registered

Thanks for that insight. I know that the map cannot be running if the individual lights are needed to be controlled via the airports page. So maybe this is crux of the issue. I'll take a look. - Mark

ReplyQuote
Share: