Notifications
Clear all

10/18/2023 Map Stopped Working?
Visit this post for the fix

What do I need to backup if I am going to rebuild from scratch?

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@bchirhart)
Topic starter  

I sincerely apologize if this has been asked.  I searched through the forums and read the "Intro to configuration guide" and I could not find this answer.  I am about to start from scratch on my map in order to get the FAA fix.  I've decided to start from scratch because I got this working 3 years ago and it has always just ran.  I never had any issues with it.  Well, now I cannot get either web or SSH working to it and I'm sure the latest image is much better than what I have.  My concern is that I don't want to lose all the work that I did.  I see config.txt and that looks like an obvious one to save.  Is there anything else?  Where are my airports stored?

Mark Harris
(@markyharris)
Member Admin Registered

No problem, we are here to help.

You will need to get the following 3 files from your current build;

config.py
airports
hmdata

These are sitting in the /NeoSectional directory. From an SSH session;

cd /NeoSectional

Then copy the 3 files listed above to your desktop. You can use most SSH clients as you would windows explorer to drag and drop the files to your desktop. This tends the be the easiest way to do it.

Once you have those files safe, then download the newest image from https://www.livesectional.com/downloads/ and write it your SD Card. This page will give you information on this process;  https://www.livesectional.com/upgrade-from-v3-to-v4/

Once you create the new image, put it in the machine and give it time to boot up. You should be able to log into the web admin page as before and import the 3 files you copied to your desktop. Once these are put back on your map, all should be good.

If you need more help, let us know. - Mark

ReplyQuote
(@bchirhart)
Topic starter  

@markyharris Worked perfect Mark!  Thank you.  Map is up and running just in time for the storms in the midwest.

ReplyQuote
Mark Harris
(@markyharris)
Member Admin Registered

Great to hear. Post a Pic of the map and storms. - Mark

ReplyQuote
Share: