10/18/2023 Map Stopped Working?
Visit this post for the fix

Windy / High Winds feature request

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@sparky91)
Topic starter  

The current high winds option is great but it would be great to have an additional option.

So what I would like to try an achieve is  Windy - as per current config with the led blinking off/black including being able to set a wind speed. then an additional config for High Winds value to be set by the user, where the LED could blink a colour of your choosing to highlight airfields with high winds. 

If this is already achievable any help would be great in implementing it. 

This topic was modified 2 years ago by sparky91

Mark Harris
(@markyharris)
Member Admin Registered

I'm not really sure what you are hoping for. However, if you set the wind speed to blink on under 'Basic Settings' then set Blink LED's for High Winds' to 'Yes' under 'Sectional Map Settings' then if you want you can change the color under 'Black/Off' under 'LED Colors Settings' to what ever you would like.

Hope this helps. - Mark

ReplyQuote
(@sparky91)
Topic starter  

Perhaps I was not very clear. I was more looking for an additional option,

Eg when the wind reaches a certain value for example 15knots the airfield LED’s should blink black/off which is current functionality.

When the wind speed reaches a second value set by the user eg. 35 knots the airfield LED would then blink a user definable colour. 

My reasoning behind this is I work at a training school and I would like to build in the functionality to determine whether its just windy or if the wind is outside company limits. 

This post was modified 2 years ago 2 times by sparky91

ReplyQuote
Mark Harris
(@markyharris)
Member Admin Registered

Ah, now I understand. That's a good idea. I don't see that feature being available till version 5. But I'll put it on the list of suggestions. In the meantime, you can connect OLED's and display the winds along with Gust's. - Mark

ReplyQuote
Share: