10/18/2023 Map Stopped Working?
Visit this post for the fix

Cannot seem to wire this Pi correctly

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@matthall1993)
Topic starter  

Hello, I am a first timer here so bear with me. I am trying to wire a 50 light strip with a Pi zero and external power cord and USB for the Pi, with a light sensor but no buttons or OLED's. 

I followed the wiring diagram for the setup that includes a light sensor and buttons but just omitted the wiring relevant to the buttons. I am having several different types of issues with my set up and cannot seem to figure it out. The PI is connected to the internet and I have no trouble reaching the setup website.

I have played around with this thing a decent amount and like I said ran into different problems that don't seem to always be consistent but Ill just lay it out there.

When map is turned off and I try checking the LED's if i try to turn them on one at a time sometimes if i select "turn 0" or "turn 1" on the first two LEDs will light up and then the next time I do it the problems goes away but more often than not i cannot select individual lights to turn on, it seems like they come in on pairs.

When i am not having the above mentioned problem I still cannot get the LED's to indicate correct color coordinated conditions to how I have my airports set up.

Long story short I don't know where to go from here, I feel like its wired correctly but I am a newbie and need some direction to what I am doing wrong.

This topic was modified 1 year ago by matthall1993

(@matthall1993)
Topic starter  
IMG 5115
IMG 5116
IMG 5113
IMG 5118
IMG 5117
IMG 5114

ReplyQuote
Mark Harris
(@markyharris)
Member Admin Registered

Matt, This question fell through the cracks. Did you get it sorted? If not, bounce back and I'll be happy to help. - Mark

ReplyQuote
Share: