10/18/2023 Map Stopped Working?
Visit this post for the fix

Can't get my WS2812B strip to light up

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@dsorn)
Topic starter  

Hey everyone.  I'm pretty new to the raspberry pi scene so I'm a little out of my depth here and could use a hand.  I'm building out the advanced map with the fiber optics and 3d printed parts.  I've decided to just hook up my pi and the lights just to make sure it works before I go adding any switches or anything else, but I can't get the lights to come on.  Once the pi is up, I can browse to the UI and edit all my settings, but when I hit the 'turn on all LED's, nothing happens.  I've stared compared my wiring to this site a million times and I can't seem to find the issue.  Anyone got any ideas?

20230305 133109
20230305 133119

This topic was modified 1 year ago by DSorn

Mark Harris
(@markyharris)
Member Admin Registered

Everything looks to be in order. There is a "Test LED" feature that you should try. Also Try turning the map on under the menu. The "turn on all" feature may be broken and need to be looked at again.

Let me know. - Mark

ReplyQuote
(@dsorn)
Topic starter  

Thanks Mark.  So it appears I had a bad level shifter.  I picked up another one and it seems to have fixed the issue.  As of now, I everything seems work except for the ability to turn on individual LED's.  When I go into the airport editor and try to turn a single LED on or off it doesn't do it and then the web interface just craps out.  I get the spinning wheel in the browser and I'm not able to access the web interface again until I restart the pi.  I'm using a pi 4B, which I read may have issues running the software, but I didn't see anything specific around the types of issues.  Anyway, anyone ever seen this before?

ReplyQuote
(@dsorn)
Topic starter  

Playing with it some more, I think I got it sorted out.  I had a mismatch in the number of LED's on the settings page and the map page.  Now that they match, everything seems to be acting much better!  Thanks for the help!

ReplyQuote
Mark Harris
(@markyharris)
Member Admin Registered

Great news! Please send pictures when your map is done. - Mark

ReplyQuote
Share: