Visit this post for the fix

Intermittent map outage

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@captain_ron)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Every now and then the LED map will freeze up, I will reboot the map and then all the LED's are not lit up. It may stay that way all day or 30 minutes or so and then start working. All the while the LCD's are showing the winds. V4.501

Mark Harris
(@markyharris)
Member Admin Registered

Hi Ron, there was a small change to the call made to the FAA site where it will timeout if the FAA site doesn't respond properly. I'm guessing this is what you are seeing. This change has been incorporated in the software on github ( https://github.com/markyharris/livesectional/blob/master/metar-v4.py ), but I haven't built a new image for it yet as I'm giving it time to run on my test bench map to be sure its working. So far its working well.

If you'd like to manually add this change, I can try to help you. Otherwise, if you give me some time, I'll be building a new image and posting it to the downloads page. - Mark 

ReplyQuote
(@captain_ron)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

@markyharris Ok, that sounds about right. I don't know what to do with the GitHub files so I'll wait for you to publish a new version.

Thanks,
Ron

ReplyQuote
Mark Harris
(@markyharris)
Member Admin Registered

Hi Ron,

I put a new image together, V4.503 and Bill posted it to the downloads page. So give it a try and let me know if you still have the same issues or not. Remember to download your config, airports and hmdata files before making the change so you can easily upload them to the new image. - Mark

ReplyQuote
(@captain_ron)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

@markyharris Thanks, I'm downloading it now and will test it out.

ReplyQuote
(@captain_ron)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

The SD card has been flashed and data has been uploaded, it rebooted fine and is running! If there are any issues I'll report back. Thanks for the help.

ReplyQuote
Mark Harris
(@markyharris)
Member Admin Registered

Thanks for letting me know its working properly. - Mark

ReplyQuote
Share: