10/18/2023 Map Stopped Working?
Visit this post for the fix

Unstable lights after update

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@trevttu76)
Topic starter  

My map was functioning well prior to the newest update.  Not sure if issue is due to software or hardware problems now.  

I have V4.5 up and "working".  Legend, dimmer, buttons, sleep timer, no OLED or rotary.

Lights are unstable; blinking at times, dimming, lights not being used on, odd behavior overall.  Not sure what log files or screenshots of the PI to share. 

I have since started working on the wiring, assuming there was a ground problem.  Adding additional grounds (temporary attachment) has not seemed to help yet, but next step is to solder in another ground from the pi to board.  I already added additional power and ground from end of LED string to board.  

Curious if I have a software issue, chip issue, or what?

metar screen shot

Topic Tags
Mark Harris
(@markyharris)
Member Admin Registered

Thanks for the screen print. This is showing that the software is working properly. As I'm sure you  have seen through out the forum, the issues you are seeing are do to an issue with the wiring. If you have a breadboard as part of the build, then I'd suggest hard wiring those. Also, pull-test each of the female terminals connected to the RPi and be sure it has sufficient friction. I've had to replace these in the past with new ones, which has fixed the concern. As you already know, the ground is the biggest offender. Ensure that the LED's and the RPi share the same ground plane. Be sure they are grounded together and then grounded to the power supply. Keep me informed. I'll help as best I can. - Mark

ReplyQuote
Share: