10/18/2023 Map Stopped Working?
Visit this post for the fix

Map Output issue

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@a-rutherford)
Topic starter  

hello, so i did have my map working fine, minus a few times i would have to reset it as it would stop updating and or "freeze up" after hours of being on, anyways, i recently moved and didnt have it plugged in for weeks, i went to plus in again and it wouldnt light up. I checked wiring, the logs, the lights. all seemed okay besides the logs. So, I attempted to re-install the OS twice and went in changed all the settings and all and im still not getting output. I am able to get the OLED TEST to work and WAS able to get the LED TEST to work, not now thought. anyways when I try to turn on the map here is the logs that I get. Thank you

IMG 2922

Mark Harris
(@markyharris)
Member Admin Registered

Hmm, looks like you found a bug. I'll have to check this out. In the meantime, open 'config.py' and change line 86 (I believe) to;

wind_numorarrow = 1

This will change the display from using the arrow to giving you the wind direction in degrees. I'm guessing this will get your map up and running and in the meantime I'll check out the error. Thanks for the screen print of your display. It was helpful. - Mark

Edit: I looked at the code and I believe I found the bug. I changed it on one of my maps and it seems to work quite well displaying the wind direction via an arrow. If you feel comfortable editing a file, I can tell you what to change. Just let me know. Otherwise when I post the next image, the fix will be incorporated then.

ReplyQuote
(@a-rutherford)
Topic starter  

Hey mark thanks for your reply, so could you tell me the proper way to access the "config.py" cause the way i attempted it did not get me anywhere however i did try to change the settings in the UI from directions to arrow and back to try and fix that portion. As for the actual operation of the map, i am still not getting any info output or light output at all. Could the processor between the pi and the pixels be causing all or any of this headache? i may have a spare that i could test with. And lastly, the logs that i provide is what i get repetitive, it will attempt to booth then shut down and back up..(according to console log data, still no lights) ill provide a short video for you. thanks for your help!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Iw8gjw7UBgufioBO3nQ0vr5d9UsSRHy8/view?usp=share_link

ReplyQuote
Share: