Clear all

10/18/2023 Map Stopped Working?
Visit this post for the fix

RPI Refuses to Connect

73 Posts
14 Users
4 Likes
(@bsinger339)

@markyharris Here is the screenshot from my attempt in getting into http://192.168.86.33:5000.

ReplyQuote
(@bsinger339)

@markyharris - I'm exploring the options on my router and see if there is a reason why I can't connect to the pi.

ReplyQuote
Mark Harris
(@markyharris)
Member Admin Registered

There has to be a problem with the networks, or possibly a firewall blocking it. That's very odd. - Mark

ReplyQuote
(@lee_1958)

Has there been any resolution to bsinger339's issue? I'm having the same problem. Below are some screen shots. I was able to ping google from the pi so I know it's connected to the network. 

20220405 110436
20220405 110536
20220405 110804

ReplyQuote
Mark Harris
(@markyharris)
Member Admin Registered

Lee,

Reboot the pi and watch the monitor. At some point there will be a section of output to the monitor in Green text that will list the proper URL to access the web interface. i.e. 192.168.1.213:5000

However I'm guessing the RPi will list a different URL since this one is not working. If you can, attach a picture of this output so we can look at it together.

The other way would be to reboot the RPi and have Berrylan open on your phone and when 'WT-LAN' pops up on the app, touch it and enter in your WiFi credentials. After it connects it will list the IP address. At which point you can append the ':5000' and try it in the web browser.

Finally insure that the RPi and your web browser are on the same network. This was the issue with the previous poster (if my memory serves). Let us know what happens. - Mark

ReplyQuote
(@lee_1958)

@markyharris, The only green text I see when the RPI boots up is the pi@LiveSectionalIV4 seen on the photo I attached above. When the RPI boots up the screen looks like the photo below. The text at the bottom cycles through a series of messages but it is always white and i don't see anything containing any network URL information.

20220405 145616

I also tried booting up the RPI while watch Berrylan on my phone and the URL is 192.168.1.213, the same one I had written down before. 

I'm sure that both the RPI and my browser are on the same network. I even tried connecting them both to my phone's wifi hotspot with the same results. 

Lee

ReplyQuote
Mark Harris
(@markyharris)
Member Admin Registered

Ok, let's try this: go to the cmd line and enter;

cd /NeoSectional
sudo nano logfile.log

Then look at the logfile for something similar to this;

[I 220404 09:20:01 metar-v4:607] RPI IP Address = 192.168.86.33

And what ever the IP address is, append the ':5000' to it in a browser window and see what happens.

Also, if you have the ability to download the logfile, attach it here so I can see it. If not, no worries.

Let me know. - Mark

ReplyQuote
(@lee_1958)

The RPI address listed in the logfile is the same as the one in your message above. 192.168.86.33. I typed that in the browser window with :5000 on the end and I got this message

This site can’t be reached

192.168.86.33 took too long to respond.

I don't know how to download the log file but if you can point me to instructions on how to do it I'll give it a try. 

ReplyQuote
Mark Harris
(@markyharris)
Member Admin Registered

Sorry for the hassles.

Try connecting to the RPi using an SSH client on the same computer you are trying to connect to the web interface with. If you need info on an SSH client, let me know and I can walk you through it.

My guess is that you will not be able to connect, but if you do there is an issue with the install of the image, but we'll cross that bridge if necessary.

If you are not able to connect using an SSH client, then using the keyboard and mouse you have connected to your RPi enter the following;

sudo raspi-config

You'll get this menu;

Hit 'Enter' then select 'S1 Wireless LAN'

Then enter your WiFi's SSID and Password. Then reboot when asked to. Then try re-connecting using the SSH Client. You may be assigned a new IP address, so you may have to look at the logfile.log again. Be sure to scroll down to the bottom of the logfile since this is where the newest messages are placed. Then look for the IP address again and try it in the web browser.

Let me know. - Mark

ReplyQuote
(@lee_1958)

I'm not familiar with the SSH client so I'll need you to walk me through it. 

Thanks, 

Lee

ReplyQuote
(@ccrisafulli)
Eminent Member

Mark

Im not sure what changed. But I had an issue with memory and reloaded the image. Now when I try to connect using http://192.168.1.29:5000, says it won't connect.

I just tried using v4.381 and no different.  I don;t know why i can't connect anymore.

Thanks

Chuck

ReplyQuote
(@ccrisafulli)
Eminent Member

well, guess sending an email was the fix 🙂  it started working  too funny. been broke for weeks.

Thank

ReplyQuote
Mark Harris
(@markyharris)
Member Admin Registered

Sometimes you just have to show it who's boss! I'm glad it's working again. - Mark

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 5
Share: