10/18/2023 Map Stopped Working?
Visit this post for the fix

Version update error v4.373

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@kkaestner)
Topic starter  

Not sure if this is just saying there isn't an update available, but whenever I check for a new version I get the following error code.

Mark Harris
(@markyharris)
Member Admin Registered

Yep, Sorry for that.

The short story is the server that holds update files is not responding correctly. So a new image was released on the downloads page that, at least for now, disables this feature. At some point we hope to re-enable the update via the web feature but for now it needs to be done by downloading the new image. As you probably know, be sure to download your config, airports and hmdata files before upgrading the image so that the upgrade can be done quicker. - Mark

ReplyQuote
(@kkaestner)
Topic starter  

@markyharris This happened running V4.373 from the download link on the website. Could you link me the newest version link/download directly that disables this problem?

ReplyQuote
Mark Harris
(@markyharris)
Member Admin Registered

I'll have to download the latest image and verify. For now, if you don't use the 'check for update' menu item you won't get that error message. Once I check the image, if for some reason its not the latest I'll upload the latest version. - Mark

ReplyQuote
(@kevin_404)

@markyharris what is the easiest way to do an upgrade ? currently running 4.373.  It was a huge PITA to get wireless setup and functioning on this device and I'm not sure I still remember what I did to get it working years ago, so if there is a way to upgrade without just putting a new image on there that would be the preference.

ReplyQuote
Mark Harris
(@markyharris)
Member Admin Registered

I understand completely. If you want to hedge your bet, copy the current image over to another SD card and keep the original one so you can bounce back to it easily. Also, this will carry over all your Wifi settings that you know work to the new SD card.

Put the newly copied 4.373 image back into the RPi and insure it boots up and works as expected. If all is good then go to the admin web page and download the airports, config and hmdata data files. These are located under the 'Map Utilities' menu. 

Once you have these data files stored do the following;

From the command line enter;

cd ..
cd ..
sudo mv /NeoSectional /NeoSectional4.373
sudo git clone  https://github.com/markyharris/livesectional.git 
sudo mv livesectional NeoSectional
sudo chmod 777 NeoSectional

These commands will move you to the correct directory, then rename the original working directory so that you can always go back if necessary (remember you also have a backup of the original image on another SD card). Then it downloads the newest version from Github to the 'livesectional' directory which you will rename back to 'NeoSectional'. Finally you need to change the permissions of the newly downloaded version with the chmod command.

Once done, enter;

ls -la

You should see a directory listing that looks very similar to this picture. Take particular note of the 2 green directories, these are the original version and the newly downloaded version.

Next reboot the RPi;

sudo reboot now

Once it reboots log into the web interface and upload the 3 data files you copied at the beginning (airports, config, hmdata). This should set everything back up to normal with the updated software. In the pic below the upper right hand corner shows where you will import the airports file. There is an import function for the settings and heat map pages as well. Be sure to hit 'Save' after each import.

If you have any hiccups, let me know. - Mark

ReplyQuote
Share: