Visit this post for the fix

OLED exclusive airports vs high winds

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@captain_ron)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

It seems that it’s either an exclusive list of airports to display the winds, or have the ones with winds above the user set level displayed.

is there a way to possible do both? Maybe if winds are above the threshold set they get priority in displaying them somewhere in the sequence of OLED? Or maybe they last few displays are used? Just curious how to use this cool feature.

(@captain_ron)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I forgot to subscribe to my own question.

ReplyQuote
Mark Harris
(@markyharris)
Member Admin Registered

I believe, what you are asking for is possible. Using the first four settings in the 'LCD and OLED Display Settings';

1. Number of Airports to Display
  2. Display an Exclusive Group of Airports
  3. List of Exclusive Airports to Display
  4. Display Only Above kts

You should be able to achieve what you would like. 

For instance if you would like to display the wind information for all airports on the map regardless of the wind speed. Keep in mind that the order in which the airports are displayed is sorted by wind speed, highest to lowest. So the first airport displayed will be the one with the highest wind speed. With these settings all the airports on the map will be cycled through with their winds displayed.

1. set the number of airports on the map
  2. set to 'No'
  3. at minimum have [ ] in this field
  4. set to 'No'

If you want to display only the airports that are above your 'Set Wind Speed' setting, but would like any of the airports on the map whose winds are higher than your setting to be displayed then;

1. set the number of airports on the map
  2. Set to 'No'
  3. at minimum have [ ] in this field
  4. set to 'Yes'

If you would like to limit the number of airports that will be displayed to only the highest wind airports (regardless if the winds are higher than the 'Set Wind Speed' setting). This will always display the number of airports set in the the first setting;

1. set the max number of airports to display, i.e. 10
  2. Set to 'No'
  4. set to 'No'

If you want to display the airports only if they are higher than the 'Set Wind Speed' setting but limit the total number of airports to be displayed regardless of the number of airports whose winds are higher than the 'Set Wind Speed' setting. So if there are 20 airports whose winds are higher than your setting, in this example only the top 10 of those 20 will be displayed.

1. set the max number of airports to display, i.e. 10
  2. Set to 'No'
  4. set to 'Yes'

If you want to limit the airports displayed to a subset of the map, such as regional airports regardless of the wind speed. This will only display the winds for 3 airports (in this example) regardless if the winds are higher than your 'Set Wind Speed'. All three will always be cycled through.

1. this will be ignored
  2. Set to 'Yes'
  3. Place the specific airports into this field. Must be in this format ['KFLG', 'KSEZ', 'KINW']
  4. set to 'No'

If you want to limit the airports displayed to a subset of the map, such as regional airports BUT only display those airports whose wind speed is above the 'Set Wind Speed' setting. In this example if the first airport has winds higher than the 'Set Wind Speed' setting, then only the first airport will be displayed, even though 3 are in the list.

1. this will be ignored
  2. Set to 'Yes'
  3. Place the specific airports into this field. Must be in this format ['KFLG', 'KSEZ', 'KINW']
  4. set to 'Yes'

I know this is a bunch of info, but I was hoping to get across the logic behind these settings. I'm sure others will have similar questions. - Mark

ReplyQuote
(@captain_ron)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

@markyharris I’ll try this when I get multiple OLED’s wired up.

I had another thought of having 4 airports as fixed, always showing the winds. The second set of 4 would be whatever is found to be the highest from the list. Yes, I’m think there could be some redundancy, but I’m ok with that for now. Doable?

ReplyQuote
Mark Harris
(@markyharris)
Member Admin Registered

Interesting idea. It would take reprogramming to achieve that feature. But I'll keep it in my back pocket for a future enhancement. - Mark

ReplyQuote
(@captain_ron)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

@markyharris No worries, I thought it might be an interesting feature. Nice to split exclusive vs random high winds airports.

ReplyQuote
Share: