10/18/2023 Map Stopped Working?
Visit this post for the fix

OLED not working/only 1

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@a-rutherford)
Topic starter  

so im trying to connect at least 5 OLED's to start, well anyways when i finally got one OLED to power up and work and scan through the metar's the moment i change the OLED count in the settings to anything other the "1" the OLED freezes and does not update. Ive tested all 5 OLEDs and all are working properly. On the multiplexer i can only get the 1 OLED to function on the "SD1/SC1" even when the settings are set to 1 OLED. ive tested all other ports on the multiplexer and only number 1 ports will work, ive ordered a spare multiplexer and tested and now i am unable to get any display function

9088171B AD12 447A B5AE 1983BDB1A5FF 1 102 o
C6A7D260 5F8A 42C3 A105 F6DB9687101D 1 105 c
BE13F775 FE7C 40D4 9C02 3E5FD0E8E237 1 105 c
67A08845 34D3 45D9 B709 E0BDBEADF5A3 1 105 c

Mark Harris
(@markyharris)
Member Admin Registered

Hi Aaron,

I love using the OLED's with this map. It really adds alot to it. So it's definitely worth the hassles. First please double check this wiring diagram to ensure that all 5 are connected to the multiplexer properly. (Be sure they all share the same ground and power.)

LS Circuit with 8 OLED Displays Board bb

Next let's be sure the settings are setup correct for 5 OLED's;

Be sure that 'Display Used' is set to 'Yes' and that 'OLED Displays Used' is set to 'Yes'. Then ensure you enter '5' in the 'Number of OLED Displays' field. If its left at '1' then even with a multiplexer, only 1 of the 5 will work.

If you have verified that all this is setup correctly, then attach a few more pictures of the five wired so that I can see the routing from the RPi to the Multiplexer and from the Multiplexer to the OLED's and I'll see if I notice something. Let me know. - Mark

ReplyQuote
(@a-rutherford)
Topic starter  

Sorry for poor photos. Had to export videos and creamy a google drive link. Here’s some videos. 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1yfT0k9MgyILE8q1Rvg5JqAVyVJhM_ulI

ReplyQuote
Mark Harris
(@markyharris)
Member Admin Registered

I'll try to look at them, but they take a long time to download. Tell me, did you verify the wiring and settings? Were there any issues you found?

I watched one of the videos, I love your shepard. He/she is beautiful.

Please take a few pictures and attach here that show the wiring from the Multiplexer to to each of the 5 OLED's. - Mark

ReplyQuote
Share: