10/18/2023 Map Stopped Working?
Visit this post for the fix

Individual OLED configurations

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@farside792)
Topic starter  

I just added 4 OLEDs to my current configuration and would like to make each one part of a different "insert" within my map. For my map, I took the larger scale US Wall Planning FAA chart and pulled out the state of FL and overlayed parts of the sectionals for MIA, TPA, MCO, and JAX out in the open water spaces. Ideally, I'd like to put an OLED inside each of these "boxes" and have it only rotate through METAR info for the respective airport (or airports) within it's box. 

Perhaps I'm missing some configuration setting, but any guidance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! 

Mark Harris
(@markyharris)
Member Admin Registered

That's a great idea. I hadn't thought of that. The settings don't allow for a 'No Scroll' situation, but I may be able to send you a quick change you can make to the code if you are comfortable with that. You will need to use the 'Exclusive Airports' setting so that it only displays the ones you want and not all of them. The question will be what order they will be displayed, which is dictated by pin number, so you may have to set it up and move the wiring to the correct display. So let me know if that will work for you and I'll take a look at the code to see what it would take to disable scrolling. - Mark

Edit - Just a thought. If you put in just the 4 airports in the 'Exclusive' list, turn off the display of the IP and Welcome messages, would the OLED's still scroll? I'm not able to check till this evening, but it might be worth a try. Let me know.

ReplyQuote
(@farside792)
Topic starter  

Absolutely glad to help test something out! 

ReplyQuote
Mark Harris
(@markyharris)
Member Admin Registered

Great. Not sure if you saw my edit to my previous post but here is another thought;

Just a thought. If you put in just the 4 airports in the 'Exclusive' list, turn off the display of the IP and Welcome messages, would the OLED's still scroll? I'm not able to check till this evening, but it might be worth a try. Let me know.

Mark

ReplyQuote
 Juls
(@juls)

Were you able to figure out how to have the OLED only show a static display for the METAR for an airport? I turned off the IP and welcome messages as suggested above but no joy.

Thanks.

ReplyQuote
Mark Harris
(@markyharris)
Member Admin Registered

Juls,

I looked at the code and it can be hacked, but it really needs to be re-written. So this will have to be an option for Version 5 if I ever start that project. I really like the idea though. - Mark

ReplyQuote
(@a-rutherford)

@markyharris i vote for a version 5....all in favor..say I.. 😉

ReplyQuote
Share: