Visit this post for the fix

Unresponsive RPI

18 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@captain_ron)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

After my map went to sleep last night I tried to turn it on using the "ON" button wired in. It didn't respond. I tried the reboot and the same result.  Unplugged the power and rebooted, still nothing. This morning I tried another SD card that should be my backup and nothing. It has been running reliably for many months, do you thing the RPI just died? I get the red and flashing green light by the micro USB power port on the RPI. I just don't know where to go from here.

This topic was modified 3 years ago by Captain_Ron

Mark Harris
(@markyharris)
Member Admin Registered

Hi Ron,

No, there is an issue where a server that stores backup files that changed things causing an error in the LS code. Visit this post;

https://www.livesectional.com/community/raspberry-pi-questions/rpi-refuses-to-connect/#post-885

There are 3 ways in which to fix the problem listed there. Sorry for the hassles. Let me know if you have questions about it. - Mark

ReplyQuote
(@captain_ron)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I can't say anything I've tried in the last hours helped but it finally booted up with the original SD card from yesterday. I then tried option 2 from your link and it rebooted fine. Thanks!

ReplyQuote
Mark Harris
(@markyharris)
Member Admin Registered

Great. Ya, this has been a headache for everyone. It's another reason not to rely on outside resources because if they change on you, the code blows up. - Mark

ReplyQuote
(@captain_ron)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Now I have an issue with Safari not connecting after i save the config file saying it can't connect to the server.

It seems that saving the config file causes the RPI to lockup and the map freezes.

This post was modified 3 years ago by Captain_Ron

ReplyQuote
(@captain_ron)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Even after I pull power and reboot it and BerryLan shows the right IP address I can't connect to it in Safari.

ReplyQuote
(@captain_ron)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

BTW, I'm on version 4.6x, once I can connect I was going to upgrade it to 4.73

ReplyQuote
(@captain_ron)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I can SSH into it but the web interface doesn't work.

ReplyQuote
Mark Harris
(@markyharris)
Member Admin Registered

Your best bet is to upgrade to the latest image then. https://www.livesectional.com/downloads/

There may be a dependency that you still need that will be included with the latest image. If possible get a copy of your current config.py, airports and hmdata files so you can restore them easily to the new image. - Mark

ReplyQuote
(@captain_ron)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

@markyharris Ok, if I can copy the various files I need to my MBP via SSH what are the commands to do that?

ReplyQuote
Mark Harris
(@markyharris)
Member Admin Registered

The easiest way is to use a file browser such as filezilla to grab them and copy them to your PC. Go to;

https://filezilla-project.org/download.php?type=client

And install filezilla.

Then run it. Once its running enter in the IP address for your RPi in the upper left corner, then 'pi' for Username, and 'livesectional' for Password. Put '22' in the Port field and hit 'Quickconnect'.

The right side of the screen will populate with the directory structure for your RPi. You'll need to expand the root directory (top most red arrow in picture). Then look for 'NeoSectional' directory and expand this (2nd red arrow).

Using the lower right corner window, scroll through the files in the /NeoSectional directory and find config.py, airports, and hmdata. Drag them to the left side screen which is the directory structure for your computer and place the files in the directory of your choice.

Once this is done, you can re-image your RPI and use the web interface to import these 3 files back to your board. Let me know if you have questions. - Mark

ReplyQuote
(@captain_ron)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Those were great directions, that's done and I'm imaging a new card now.

ReplyQuote
Mark Harris
(@markyharris)
Member Admin Registered

Great. Let me know when its up and running again. - Mark

ReplyQuote
(@captain_ron)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Still having issue with the RPI freezing up when I save any of the config files.

Tried to use Filezilla to put those files back, but the directory name has changed to neosectional_master or something like that and the directory was empty.

ReplyQuote
(@captain_ron)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I selected "Map utilities> Check for update" and I get this error.

urllib.error.HTTPError

urllib.error.HTTPError: HTTP Error 406: Not Acceptable

Traceback (most recent call last)

• File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/flask/app.py", line 2309, in __call__

return self.wsgi_app(environ, start_response)
  • File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/flask/app.py", line 2295, in wsgi_app

response = self.handle_exception(e)
  •  

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: