Visit this post for the fix

[Sticky] V 4.382 won't start

54 Posts
15 Users
1 Likes
Mark Harris
(@markyharris)
Member Admin Registered

Thanks Ron. I'm guessing it's FAA system issue. Let's see if others do the same. - Mark

ReplyQuote
(@matthall1993)

I upgraded to 4.4 and the whole map was working flawlessly for the day. Now even after restarting it all the stations are showing red (ifr) when it’s clear blue outside. Has been like this for 48 hours 

ReplyQuote
(@captain_ron)
Estimable Member

@matthall1993 Did you reload your airports and settings? I'm thinking its showing the default list from v4.4

ReplyQuote
Mark Harris
(@markyharris)
Member Admin Registered

I just checked the API used for v4.4xx and it was working properly. Tell us more about what your map is doing. If you haven't already done so, reboot it first.

Also, Ron is correct. If you didn't import your config, airports, and hmdata files it will give a erroneous display. - Mark

ReplyQuote
(@greygoose)

@markyharris 

Once again you guys made my day. First helping make the map, now saving us all from the FAA change. Can you remind me, did you all have a donation link to toss you all something?

Thank you

ReplyQuote
Mark Harris
(@markyharris)
Member Admin Registered

Thats most kind. Look under the Contact Us page. There is donate link.

Thanks. - Mark

ReplyQuote
(@matthall1993)

Nope I imported my airports and triple checked they all match the appropriate led# on the map. I checked the lights with a test that they are capable of showing other colors than red and they are. And also tried resetting the PI. The only things that have changed is I updated to the new version, although it was operating flawlessly after the update for a day or two and then randomly went completely red. I even checked that the led color options were set correctly incase VFR somehow got switched to red but that wasn’t the case either. 

not sure where to look next. 

ReplyQuote
Mark Harris
(@markyharris)
Member Admin Registered

Matt,

Go to the web admin, and open the Settings Editor. Then click on the 'Sectional Map Settings' then scroll down to the setting 'RGB or GRB LEDs Used' and change this setting. I'm guessing this will adjust the colors to their proper setting. Let us know. - Mark

ReplyQuote
(@matthall1993)

Thanks mark! That worked

ReplyQuote
(@stevepeck1)

@markyharris I ran through this edit process (to my v4.2b1) and my map and web interface now work... BUT the "test for update" function of the web interface comes back:

urllib.error.HTTPError

urllib.error.HTTPError: HTTP Error 406: Not Acceptable

ReplyQuote
Mark Harris
(@markyharris)
Member Admin Registered

That function has been deprecated. The server it was using changes its procedures and we had to back off on that function. Sorry for the hassle. - Mark

ReplyQuote
(@stevepeck1)

@markyharris no hassle. I appreciate your efforts so much in maintaining this site and software. I wonder if there is any auto-update feature planned or if we should just come back here next time something changes with the FAA causing the software to misbehave?

ReplyQuote
Mark Harris
(@markyharris)
Member Admin Registered

For now, come back here. - Mark

ReplyQuote
(@ericmkern)

Hi Mark,

I was able to get my map working again by manually typing in the script provided (thanks!!), but I can not seem to access the web app. I suspect this was an issue before too as it wasn't working before I fixed the map either.

For now, I'm glad to have it back up and running, but I had planned to just re-flash the SD card, but wanted to download the config and airport files first, since I couldn't do that I went ahead and did things manually and got it, but I'd like to be able to get back into the web app, in part to get those files in case I need them in the future, but also to access the settings and web remote.

Is this a known issue? Any suggestions? I already tried both methods listed on https://www.livesectional.com/community/raspberry-pi-questions/rpi-refuses-to-connect/#post-885, but it didn't fix things.

Happy New Year - thanks for all your help and efforts on these maps, they're awesome and we all appreciate your efforts!

ReplyQuote
(@kevin_404)

currently getting [W 240210 16:44:03 webapp:1611] FAA Data Not Available

entire map is dark and web service isn't running.  Whenever I run into issues like this (and like the previous reason for failures) the web console doesn't start. Is there a way to get the web console to start even when data hasn't synced?

Any idea the reason for the current failure?

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 4
Share: