Clear all

10/18/2023 Map Stopped Working?
Visit this post for the fix

[Sticky] V 4.382 won't start

54 Posts
15 Users
1 Likes
(@greygoose)

Is it me or did the airports have an issue loading again? My map hasn’t been working the past couple days. 

ReplyQuote
(@captain_ron)
Estimable Member

2 weeks ago the power went out and 1) the map never starts up when the power is back and 2) now the map shows no LED's or message on the LCD displays. Did the FAA change the data source again or is my SD card corrupted from the power outage?

ReplyQuote
Mark Harris
(@markyharris)
Member Admin Registered

Ron, check the version. If its 4.4xx then upgrade to 4.5xx. The temporary API we used for 4.4xx got decomissioned along with the original. Version 4.5xx now uses the updated FAA API and has been rock solid. - Mark

ReplyQuote
(@kevin_404)

@markyharris Mine also has quit working. I previously ran the command line search and replace to get it operational and that worked for a while, but like others are reporting mine has gone dark again.

ReplyQuote
Mark Harris
(@markyharris)
Member Admin Registered

Sorry about that Kevin. You'll need to update to V4.5xx that's available in the downloads section. This utilizes the FAA's new API and should be rock solid going forward. Be sure to have the datafiles on hand to make updating quick. Sorry for the hassles. - Mark

ReplyQuote
(@captain_ron)
Estimable Member

@markyharris Yes, upgrading to V5.5 fixed it. Too bad it can't be upgraded over the air like my iPhone 🙂

ReplyQuote
Mark Harris
(@markyharris)
Member Admin Registered

It's possible Ron. I just need to find the time to rewrite the update code and find a server that will allow the storage of the update files. Hopefully time will present itself. - Mark

ReplyQuote
(@mark8040)

@markyharris - I hit the downloads page but the link is telling me the file requested doesn't exist.  I'm probably doing something wrong... 

ReplyQuote
Mark Harris
(@markyharris)
Member Admin Registered

Thanks for letting me know. We will look into it and get it fixed as soon as possible. - Mark

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4
Share: