10/18/2023 Map Stopped Working?
Visit this post for the fix

RPI 4B running 4.380 not loading BerryLan / no internet available

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@sirtexlot)
Topic starter  

I'm trying to setup a Pi 4B for the first time and have everything wired up with the newest software booting (4.380), however it hangs on the no internet error below. It keeps posting that every few (5) seconds. BerryLan does not scan the device, and going into the sudo menu and trying to do the wifi setup from there does not work as well.

[W 220717 11:45:46 webapp:1843] Internet NOT Available

Any ideas?

Thanks

Mark Harris
(@markyharris)
Member Admin Registered

I just updated the image, so I hope I didn't mess anything up. So if you don't mind try these things and let me know what happens in case there is an issue I need to fix.

• Shut down the RPi, and wait a bit. Then turn it back on to reboot. If you have a monitor hooked up to the RPi, more the better. I'm hoping you will see the Green text at the end of the boot that talks about the URL. If you are not currently connected to WiFi, this message may not display.
  • Have Berrylan running on your phone. Be sure your phone has Bluetooth enabled. At some point you should see WT_LAN available on the list in the app. If not, quit Berrylan and restart it on your phone. It can take a bit of time for the RPi to display on the list, so be patient (no more than a minute though).
  • If you don't see WT_LAN on the list, then the next step is to setup the Wifi using Raspi-Config.
  • The software will try to connect to Wifi 10 times, with a delay between each attempt. After the 10 tries, it will stop trying and the script to exit to the command line.
  • Once the command line prompt appears, enter 'sudo raspi-config' and configure the Wifi manually.
  • Reboot and then using the IP address that the green bootup text display's enter it into a web browser's URL with the ':5000' appended to reach the admin web pages to configure.

Please let me know what happens, good or bad. - Mark

ReplyQuote
(@sirtexlot)
Topic starter  

I tried all of the above and the connect script runs indefinitely. It never end and goes to the command line. I can ctrl C to get the command prompt but the connect script just keeps running over top. I can time it just right and get the raspi-config menu up, but it still posts the connect error overtop.

ReplyQuote
Mark Harris
(@markyharris)
Member Admin Registered

Hmm, I wonder if my change somehow didn't get incorporated into the image. My apologies.  

There may be ways around it, but ot can be a hassle.

Try: Ctrl-Alt-F2

This may stop the script so you have access to raspi-config. I've had mixed results with this. 

If you have another Unix computer, you can take the SD card out of the rpi and edit it with the Unix computer. Similarly, there are programs for windows that will show you all the files on the SD card that then can be edited then put back into the rpi.

This defeats the purpose of berrylan, and I'm sorry that it's not working for you.

I'm not at home, but will look at the code when I'm back to figure out why it's looping. In the meantime let me know if you are able to get to the command line and I'll show you what needs to be changed. - Mark

UPDATE 1: I just looked at the code on Github and sure enough I made the change in one spot but missed the second. I'll get this updated and create a new image. However, this will take several days to complete. So in the meantime try the things I mentioned and let me know if you were successful in getting to the command prompt.

UPDATE 2: I was able to fix the 2nd location. The file is updated on github at https://github.com/markyharris/livesectional/blob/master/webapp.py. I can walk you through making the change to the code manually if you would like, or once I update the image I'll let you know.

ReplyQuote
(@sirtexlot)
Topic starter  

Hey Mark,

I tried the Ctrl-Alt-F2 and that did stop the script and get me into the menu. I updated the wifi settings but could not get it to connect.

The Github location results in a 404.

I will wait for the new image. I'm not in a rush, so I will let you do your thing.

I appreciate the help.

This post was modified 2 years ago by Sirtexlot

ReplyQuote
Share: