10/18/2023 Map Stopped Working?
Visit this post for the fix

Use of Ipad

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@amil94)
Topic starter  

I’m trying to build a live sectional, but I only have an IPad. Does anyone have a write up for this? I have all the hardware together, but installing the coding onto the Raspberry Pi from my IPad is something I have no experience with. From what I’ve been able to gather, I would need to use some sort of an intermediary program to write the code from my IPad to the Raspberry Pi and use an adapter to go from the USB 3 port on my IPad to the SD card. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

Bill
(@liveadmin)
Member Admin Registered

Hi @Amil94,

Once you get the software flashed to a micro SD card the rest can be completed from your iPad.  Do you have access  to a computer anywhere?

Thanks,

Bill

ReplyQuote
Mark Harris
(@markyharris)
Member Admin Registered

If you don't have access to another computer to flash the SD card, I'm sure Bill or I could do that for you and ship it to you if you were willing to reimburse for the costs. However, if in the future you wanted to upgrade the image you would be left with the same issue.

I also noticed that microSD card readers for IPADs are readily available which then tells me that the software necessary to read and write and image should be available through the Apple Store. Take a look at this option since it will provide a lot more flexibility for you. - Mark

ReplyQuote
(@amil94)
Topic starter  

I really appreciate the replies. So, to answer the first question; the only other thing we have is a Samsung tablet. I’m in flight school and my wife uses her tablet for work, so we both moved away from desktops. We moved into this area not long ago so we don’t really know other people. I’d use a desktop at school or perhaps the library, but both have policies against using USB’s and the like. Now, we did try using the Samsung tablet to follow the normal write up to transfer the software, but it didn’t work. I also was having some trouble getting the raspberry pi to even hook up to WiFi. I ended up sending it back, suspecting it may have been damaged internally during shipping due to our cold temps in the winter. I’m going to give it a try with the replacement. As far as sending it out and having someone get the software transferred, that would be a great option, and I would appreciate the help. But, I would like to try to get it to work on my end first. I’ll look into finding something on the apple store. Thanks everyone. 

ReplyQuote
Mark Harris
(@markyharris)
Member Admin Registered

Let us know if you need the image sent to you. We'll figure something out. - Mark

ReplyQuote
 Bill
(@liveadmin)
Member Admin Registered

@amil94 I can send you a flashed card, email me your address using the contact us area on the website. 
I’ll also tinker with flashing from an iOS device. That would be a great thing to figure out. 

thanks,

Bill

ReplyQuote
(@amil94)
Topic starter  

I sent you a message via “contact us” 

ReplyQuote
Share: